Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Date and time prompt

Hi,

I have 2 data bases...MYSQL and oracle. I have extracted data from both these data bases and then created a QVD in which I have joined two attributes using outer join so that I can see all the data. Now I want to use this QVD and generate reports but I am facing a problem in linking the tables date attribute because in MYSQL i have date along with time but in oracle I have only date .

So can any one suggest me how to connect these tables so that I can get only the date.

The data is from QVD so I dont wanna change the QVD by extracting the data again from both the data sources as I takes really long time

Thanks

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If you want to strip the time part from the MYSQL timestamps you can use floor() to remove the decimal value (which is also the time part of a timestamp) and you will end up with just the date value, like the data from the Oracle source.

Not applicable
Author

Hi johannes

Thankyou for the reply

I have done the data extraction from the data base and stored it in QVDs

But the issue that I am facing as per now is when I extract the data from the qvd then it shows time stamp along with date in columns that I extracted from MySQL but only date from Oracle so I wanna this to be rectified instead of changing the data while loading again from the data bases.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sagareddy,

Yes, I follow you. So basically you have:

Timestamp
2011-02-07
2011-02-07 08:10:23
2011-02-07 09:11:01
2011-02-08
2011-02-08 09:35:47
2011-02-08 11:00:51
2011-02-08 16:54:23

And you want to remove the time values and just have dates.

Date(Floor(Timestamp)) as Date should do the trick assuming your Timestamp is formatted in a proper date/time format

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

hi Sagareddy

you can even use

date(date#(DateFileld,'YYYY/MM/DD'))

will solve your problem

regards

ASHFAQ