Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abc_18
Creator II
Creator II

Date bucket

Hi All,

I have 'Created Date' field which is in format of  3/18/2013  10:38:11 AM. 

I need to create buckets for the dates like below

'0-5 Days' , '6-10 Days' ,'11-15 Days' and ">15 Days"  .

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni

I would ask you to do this?

Load *, If(Day >=0 and Day <= 5, Dual('0-5 Days',1),  If(Day >=6 and Day <= 10, Dual('6-10 Days',2),  If(Day >=11 and Day <= 15, Dual('0-5 Days',3),  Dual('',4)))) as Bucket;

Load [Created Date], Day([Created Date]] as Day From Table;

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

I would ask you to do this?

Load *, If(Day >=0 and Day <= 5, Dual('0-5 Days',1),  If(Day >=6 and Day <= 10, Dual('6-10 Days',2),  If(Day >=11 and Day <= 15, Dual('0-5 Days',3),  Dual('',4)))) as Bucket;

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
its_anandrjs

Use class function

LOAD *,

Class(Created Date, 5, 'Days') As DaysBucket;

From Location;

Regards

Anand

abc_18
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Anil,

I tried this expression, what is for Dual('',4) ??.

is it for >15 days??

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Yes

abc_18
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Can I rename it like >15 Days??

because in bar chart for label where data is greater thn >15 is displaying blank

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Try this?

Load *, If(Day >=0 and Day <= 5, Dual('0-5 Days',1),  If(Day >=6 and Day <= 10, Dual('6-10 Days',2),  If(Day >=11 and Day <= 15, Dual('0-5 Days',3),  Dual('>15 Days',4)))) as Bucket;

effinty2112
Master
Master

Hi Shika,

I think you want to have buckets for time intervals rather than dates. Such an interval (let's call it DateDiff) might be

DateDiff = Interval(Today() - Date(Timestamp#('3/18/2013  10:38:11 PM','M/D/YYYY  hh:mm:ss TT')),'D') giving 1617 days for this particular date.

Now we can put them into your buckets:

DateBucket =

Pick(

Match(-1,

DateDiff<=5,

DateDiff<=10,

DateDiff<=15,

-1),

'0-5 Days','6-10 Days','11-15 Days','>15 Days')

Cheers

Andrew

Vijayqlik4171
Contributor III
Contributor III

Screenshot_20210816-155401.png

i need 1-100 days

100-300 days

300-500 days

500 to max

I have invoice date 

How to create bucket wise