Qlik Community

Ask a Question

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Join us at the Cloud Data and Analytics Tour! REGISTER TODAY
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qliktech_uk
Contributor III
Contributor III

Date part missing.

Hi

I have a field taken from a spreadsheet that has a timestamp however for few records it just has the time. How do I populate the missing date? WHen I calculate the interval I get the wrong figures as its subtracting  time (epoch date I assume)  from the timestamp.

eg: 11:30:00  - 23/10/2017 11:10:10

Your help is appreciated.

6 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

What are you expecting from above timestamp?

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
qliktech_uk
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I just need to get the time difference. I tried stripping off the date part but wasnt successfull.

eg: 11:30:00  - 23/10/2017 11:10:10

So the above example should give me 20.

qliktech_uk
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Can I use the function right and get the time part?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be this?

=Interval(Frac(Date(Date#('FieldName1,'hh:mm:ss'),'mm') - Date(Date#(FieldName2, 'DD/MM/YYYY hh:mm:ss'),'mm')),'mm')

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
tresesco
MVP
MVP

If the fields are already timestamps, you could simply try like:

Interval(Field1-Frac(Field2), 'm')

If the fields are string, convert them using parsing functions like date#(), timestamp#().. and then apply the same logic

its_anandrjs

Then why not remove dates from the rows also and do interval match for the hh:mm:ss

Interval( Field1  -  TimeStamp(TimeStamp#(Right(Field2,8),'hh:mm:ss'),'hh:mm:ss') , 'mm')