Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shyamcharan
Creator III
Creator III

Date selections back ground

Hi Experts,

I have a dashboard, where one tab has work orders and the other tab has logs.

In Work Orders tab I have a date range selections for the work orders start date. In the Logs tab the i have the logs for which work orders are created. But in Logs tab too I have a date range that allows to select date range for the dates on which the logs are created.

Now, I want the dates in Log tab to be shown only the Log dates that are for specific Work Orders in Work Order Tab.

For example:

WO ID     WO Start Date     Log ID      Log Create Date

123          1 Jan 2014          L1               2 Jan 2014

135          3 Jan 2014          L2                5 Jan 2014

When a date range selection is made in WO tab like 1 jan to 3 jan, then in Log tab the only dates that should be able to be selected is 2 Jan and 5 Jan since only these dates are relavant to the logs created for the work orders in the Work order tab.

I hope I am clear. Please let me know if it is not clear.

So somehow, can we display a different background color for the calendar object in the Log tab so that only the date 2nd and 5th of Jan 2014 are with white background and the rest are with grey background?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Shyam.

10 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Shyam,

1. Do u have same date table for orders and logs  ?

shyamcharan
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Venkatesh,

Thanks for looking at my issue.

No they are two different tables.

Not applicable

hi shyam

Then u don't need to worry about that see when u wanna to achieve ur requirement u just add those table field names to that exact tabs .....

Not applicable

HI Shyam,

What is the link between the Work Orders and Logs? Or are they part of the same table?

If I understand correctly, what you want is when a selection for particular WO Dates is made, the associated WOs get selected, in turn the associated Logs get filtered and in turn the associated Log dates get filtered. Is that right?

If you have the correct data model, that should happen by default, right? Or am I missing something?

SK

shyamcharan
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi SK,

Yes, you are correct.

However, not sure how the dates get filtered. Because i am using a calendar object. When the users try to select, they should be able to see grey back ground for all dates other than the Log create dates as mentioned in my first explanation.

Not applicable

Just to double check, you want the Grey - White shading on the calendar object itself (for the Log date selection)?

If yes, then I am not sure of a way of achieving this. The Calendar object is an independant object which does not have any relation with the Log Dates / WO dates. It is just an independent input medium.

But if you try selections on List Boxes, I guess they must be demonstrating the expected behaviour, right?

SK

amir_taub
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi

if i understand you.

you have 2 tables

1 for WO (WO ID    WO Start Date )

2 for LOGs ( Log ID      Log Create Date)

and you want to choose 'WO Start Date' and the 'Log Create Date' (5+2 Jan 2014) will be relevant (white)???

(if so, do you have any key to connect them both with?? do you know which log connect to WO?? )

Here i made you APP like your example.

WO ID    WO Start Date    Log ID      Log Create Date

123          1 Jan 2014          L1              2 Jan 2014

135          3 Jan 2014          L2                5 Jan 2014

i hope that i understand you

Amir.T

shyamcharan
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Amir,

Thats exactly correct.

But how can i get this worked in the Calendar objects.

We are having quite a big Data model. There are 3 other tables that are linked between these two date table(WO date and LOG date).

Thanks guys for your responses. Look forward for a solution on this.

Regards,

Shyam.

shyamcharan
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi SK,

Your explanation does makes sense to me. But I have to use Calender objects and let the user know the applicable log dates in the Log table.

Appreciate any help on this.