Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dates and Calendars

I appreciate there are many, many discussions on here about this subject, but having spent half a day trawling through them I am still at a loss!

I have two calendar objects, which are linked to variables, and in the Min and Max Value I have entered =min({1} DATE(OCR_DATE_TIME_SENT_TO_OCR, 'DD/MM/YYYY')) and =MAX({1} DATE(OCR_DATE_TIME_SENT_TO_OCR, 'DD/MM/YYYY')) . the number format on both objects is DD/MM/YYYY.

I have formatted the field OCR_DATE_TIME_SENT_TO_OCR in the load script like this:Date(DATE_TIME_SENT_TO_OCR, 'DD/MM/YYYY') as OCR_DATE_TIME_SENT_TO_OCR - this works as when I use this field in a table or simply add it to the sheet, it appears in this format without any need to amend the number forma

have set the Date format as

SET DateFormat='DD/MM/YYYY';

But when I pick from my calendars, nothing is selected. And in the variable overview, the definition of my variables is in this format:

So I can see that the date formats are not the same, but I cannot see why the variable is still being populated with numbers. I even tried removing formatting from everything, and it still wouldn't select anything!

All help appreciated

Ella

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
adamdavi3s
Master
Master

The attached uses a button, but I have also added a variable trigger for you.

Just try changing the end date variable and watch the magic work

Sorry I am crazy busy so I have only added it on the venddate variable but you can just add the same on the vstartdate variable.

Settings> Document properties > triggers then look at the variable triggers section.

You need both on input and on change to make sure it always works.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Hi Ella,

The trick is to floor the date here, its always a pain!

try something like this: DATE(floor(min({1}OCR_DATE_TIME_SENT_TO_OCR)), 'DD/MM/YYYY'))

possibly this, just experiment with it!

MIN(NUM(DATE(FLOOR(Timestamp#(OCR_DATE_TIME_SENT_TO_OCR)),'DD/MM/YYYY')))

Not applicable
Author

Sorry, still doesn't select anything, although the format in the variable definition has now changed to be just 42775

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Hi Ella,

Can you upload a sample at all? Sorry hard to picture it without it in front of me

Which formula did you use in the end? if it was the latter then wrapping it in another date might work

DATE(MIN(NUM(DATE(FLOOR(Timestamp#(OCR_DATE_TIME_SENT_TO_OCR)),'DD/MM/YYYY'))),'DD/MM/YYYY')

Not applicable
Author

I can't see a link to upload a qv file - is it me?!

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

you have to go to 'use advanced editor' then use the attach / paperclip icon down the bottom

Not applicable
Author

thanks! Have restricted it down to just a few months to keep it small - hope it helps!

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Perfect

Ok so what is the plan, just get something to show you the dates between your two selections?

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Ok so I tried this formula in a table with the ocr date as a dimension and it worked OK for me

if(OCR_DATE_TIME_SENT_TO_OCR >= $(vStartDate) and OCR_DATE_TIME_SENT_TO_OCR <=$(vEndDate),1,0)

Not applicable
Author

That's it - when it works, I would expect the date fields at the top be impacted by the selections, and the selections themselves to appear in the 'Selections' box.