Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dates in my set

Hi everyone.

Often I seem to have issues with dates. Despite using makedate to force it to the format I need when rendering dates from external sources as well as date, date# etc, they do not always work. I would like to hopefully find a solution to this intermittent problem with your help and expertise please.

Attached is a sample model: the user selects a date and I check if that date equals to the Ben Event Registration Date. Though I can see they're the same and have tried many date formatting techniques, QlikView does not see them as being the same, therefore my set analysis does not count the records that it should.

Please could you help.

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I managed to find another document on set analysis this morning and basically there was an unnecessary equal to sign that caused the issue.

View solution in original post

16 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

attachment is missing

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

There is no attachment.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Hi guys.

Thank you for your responses. Yes, I often have the issue of not being able to see the advanced editor on the top right when I click on "Reply."

Let me try again and look at my settings, unless if you know if there's an option to adjust?

Thank you.

Not applicable
Author

Image.png

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Try with different browser or contact Community manager.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, I've tried, awaiting a response from someone.

If you have an alternate way that you could accept the file, please let me know.

Thank you.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

You can upload files to Google drive or Drop box and share link here.

As I see you have problem with multiple dates.

Check the below post might help you.

http://community.qlik.com/blogs/qlikviewdesignblog/2014/04/25/which-conditional-functions-do-you-use

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Hi everyone.

I've managed to get the dates qvw attached for now. Badically my issue is that many of my dates that satisfy met set analysis is not being flagged for counting.

Please can you assist me.

Thank you.

Not applicable
Author

Apologies, it showed as attached but alas, it does not show on refresh!