Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Default date to be todays date triggered by an object

Hi all,

Is there a way to trigger the calendar to todays date by an object?. Ideally I am looking to create a text box called todays date which when selected will change the graphs to todays date.

Regards,

kv

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Yes you can place an Action on text box to select the today's date from your calendar.

you can use the Select in Field Action.

Regards,

Kaushik solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Yes you can place an Action on text box to select the today's date from your calendar.

you can use the Select in Field Action.

Regards,

Kaushik solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Dear,

Kindly find the attachment.

I hope it will help you.

Thanks,

Mukram.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks. When I try with the function Today() it doesnt seems to work but if I give the field value it works.

Not applicable
Author

Dear,

In Today() function Defalut  Date format is M/DD/YYYY may be in your date filed you have the format MM/DD/YYYY

so make sure the format is correct.

=Date(Today(),'MM/DD/YYYY')

else send your sample file.

Thanks,

mukram.

Not applicable
Author

I have three list boxes with year, month and day instead of 12/02/2013 format. It works when Year(today()) or             Month((Today)) or Day(Today()) is given seperatley in select in field. year, month and day are the filed names. Is there a way to join these three statements instead of seperately.

Not applicable
Author

Used the same method. Because there are three dimensions, I have used three Select in field actions to define year, month and day. Used Year(Today()) , Month(Today()) & Day(Today()).

Thank you.