Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pavanqlik
Contributor II
Contributor II

Define new value from dimension

Hi Folks,     I am having below requirement where i had a column in fact table name for ex: ABC where the rows have below  

abcValue
x10
y20
z30

My ask is to get new row with name ZZ and it should have value as sum(x+y) i.e 10+20 = 30.

abcValue
x10
y20
z30
zz30

How can i achieve this. Thanks,

Labels (2)
2 Replies
jensmunnichs
Creator III
Creator III

This looks like one of those posts where someone tries to simplify their requirement because they don't want to share their actual data. Understandable, but that makes it pretty difficult to actually help you. What is the logic behind your requirement? Why do those 2 values need to be added together and not the value for z? Right now I could give you the below solution, which does result in what you say you are looking for, but I feel like it might not be quite what you want.

Data:
LOAD * Inline [
abc, Value
x, 10
y, 20
z, 30];

Concatenate (Data)

LOAD 'zz' as abc, Sum(Value) as Value
Resident Data
Where abc = 'x' or abc = 'y';

Unless of course you can somehow apply the above solution to your data, which would be great 🙂

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The other thing I wanted to post for you is a link to the Community Design Blog area which contains hundreds of posts from our experts regarding different topics.  Something there might help you as well.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/bg-p/qlik-design-blog

That takes you directly to the place you can enter your search criteria.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.