Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Diagram with exclusion of values

Hi everybody,

I have the following problem

I have a table with values like thisd: 

Name      certificateTyp  Date

x               1                     1.1.2017

x               2                     1.1.2017

y               3                     1.1.2017

y               1                     1.1.2017

z               2                     1.2.2017

b                         

Now I want to have all names that have no certificate type 2

Result:

Name    

y

b

I try this with a chart Table!

But I have no luck

thanks for your help!

7 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You can do it with Set Analysis:

First, the count of Names with Certificate type 2 can be calculated like this:

count({<CertificateType={2}>} Name)

Now, you are interested in those Names that have 0 for this count. You can either use an IF function:

count(

IF ( count({<CertificateType={2}>} Name) = 0, Name)

)

Or, even better, you can enclose your condition in another Set Analysis condition, this time leveraging Advanced Search:

count({< Name = {"=count({<CertificateType={2}>} Name) = 0"} >} Name)

Use this as an Expression with the field Name as a Dimension, and you should get your result.

Come and learn advanced Set Analysis from my lecture at the Masters Summit for Qlik - coming to Boston, MA this October!

Cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

Upgrade your Qlik skills with my book QlikView Your Business: An Expert Guide to Business Discovery with QlikView and Qlik Sense

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Or This?

IF ( count({<certificateTyp={2}>} Name) = 0, Name)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
shiveshsingh
Master
Master

hi

You can try below set analysis in chart

Count({$<Certification = {2}>}Name)

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Not quite... If you'd like to use this formula in a calculated dimension, you'd have to enclose it in the AGGR() function. Then it would work, but it would be more resource-heavy, compared to my earlier suggestions.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Agree, I thought thread owner needs data as well so that i can use and think as expression. When Calculation Dimension required then there must be Aggr() as you suggest earlier. Thanks for the Message

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Not applicable
Author

Thanks, that help!

shuck1985
Contributor III
Contributor III

Came on here to ask this question and so glad to find an answer straight away so thank you for asking and thanks to those helpful replies.