Qlik Community

Ask a Question

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Our next Qlik Insider session will cover new key capabilities. Join us August 11th REGISTER TODAY
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
holgerkch
Contributor
Contributor

Diagram with multiple pie charts

Hi,

I just installed QlikView for some private analysis work. I worked with QlikView in my job 10 years years ago, but unfortunately have forgotten a lot of "how to" due to not using it such a long time

Today I failed with two things:

Data imported from Excel, 4 columns:

- Group (examples: XX, YY)

- Key (examples: ABC, DEF, GHI, JKL)

- Original estimate (Example 100,50,40,30)

- Remaining estimate (Example 30,40,40,20)

First, I was not able to create a pie that shows in two segments the split between Remaining estimate and Original estimate.

In my example a pie with a segment of 70% and a segment of 30% for the data (100,30)

Maybe my brain stopped working, that sounds really simple, but I just do not get it arranged that way.

Second thing I have not found out, is if I can set up a diagram with multiple pies in one.

In my example I would like to have pies as described before for ABC, DEF, GHI in one diagram when I select group XX

Any input is welcome, from my work 10 years ago I remember that often it were just minimal thoughts that I was missing to be able to continue

Greetings from Switzerland

Holger

3 Replies
jneppl
Partner
Partner

Hi Holger,

i tried to structure your data in a different way using like the crosstable functionality.

Inline load table:

LOAD * Inline [

ID, estimate_type, value, group

ABC, original, 70, Y

ABC, remaining, 30, Y

DEF, original, 60, Y

DEF, remaining, 40, Y

GHI, original, 40, W

GHI, remaining, 60, W

JKL, original, 30, W

JKL, remaining, 70, W

];

Then i created a pie chart for example especially for ABC and i wanted to see two segments with 70 and 30.

Configuration of Pie chart:

Dim: estimate_type

Angle: sum({<ID={ABC}>} value)

Worked for me and you can create multiple pie charts next to each other. I hope this helps and you can create the other ones you need too.

Btw i did it in Qlik Sense.

Regards

Johannes

holgerkch
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks, Johannes, that got me a step forward.

I have some pie charts with the expected data now, but still struggling with the desired layout.

Will do some more try&error 😉

Norwood14
Contributor
Contributor

@jneppl wrote: Nox Player

Hi Holger,

i tried to structure your data in a different way using like the crosstable functionality.

Inline load table:

LOAD * Inline [

ID, estimate_type, value, group

ABC, original, 70, Y

ABC, remaining, 30, Y

DEF, original, 60, Y

DEF, remaining, 40, Y

GHI, original, 40, W

GHI, remaining, 60, W

JKL, original, 30, W

JKL, remaining, 70, W

];

Then i created a pie chart for example especially for ABC and i wanted to see two segments with 70 and 30.

Configuration of Pie chart:

Dim: estimate_type

Angle: sum({<ID={ABC}>} value)

Worked for me and you can create multiple pie charts next to each other. I hope this helps and you can create the other ones you need too.

Btw i did it in Qlik Sense.

Regards

Johannes

Thanks johannes ,For help