Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
holgerkch
Contributor
Contributor

Diagram with multiple pie charts

Hi,

I just installed QlikView for some private analysis work. I worked with QlikView in my job 10 years years ago, but unfortunately have forgotten a lot of "how to" due to not using it such a long time

Today I failed with two things:

Data imported from Excel, 4 columns:

- Group (examples: XX, YY)

- Key (examples: ABC, DEF, GHI, JKL)

- Original estimate (Example 100,50,40,30)

- Remaining estimate (Example 30,40,40,20)

First, I was not able to create a pie that shows in two segments the split between Remaining estimate and Original estimate.

In my example a pie with a segment of 70% and a segment of 30% for the data (100,30)

Maybe my brain stopped working, that sounds really simple, but I just do not get it arranged that way.

Second thing I have not found out, is if I can set up a diagram with multiple pies in one.

In my example I would like to have pies as described before for ABC, DEF, GHI in one diagram when I select group XX

Any input is welcome, from my work 10 years ago I remember that often it were just minimal thoughts that I was missing to be able to continue

Greetings from Switzerland

Holger

3 Replies
jneppl
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Holger,

i tried to structure your data in a different way using like the crosstable functionality.

Inline load table:

LOAD * Inline [

ID, estimate_type, value, group

ABC, original, 70, Y

ABC, remaining, 30, Y

DEF, original, 60, Y

DEF, remaining, 40, Y

GHI, original, 40, W

GHI, remaining, 60, W

JKL, original, 30, W

JKL, remaining, 70, W

];

Then i created a pie chart for example especially for ABC and i wanted to see two segments with 70 and 30.

Configuration of Pie chart:

Dim: estimate_type

Angle: sum({<ID={ABC}>} value)

Worked for me and you can create multiple pie charts next to each other. I hope this helps and you can create the other ones you need too.

Btw i did it in Qlik Sense.

Regards

Johannes

holgerkch
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks, Johannes, that got me a step forward.

I have some pie charts with the expected data now, but still struggling with the desired layout.

Will do some more try&error 😉

Norwood14
Contributor
Contributor

@jneppl wrote: Nox Player

Hi Holger,

i tried to structure your data in a different way using like the crosstable functionality.

Inline load table:

LOAD * Inline [

ID, estimate_type, value, group

ABC, original, 70, Y

ABC, remaining, 30, Y

DEF, original, 60, Y

DEF, remaining, 40, Y

GHI, original, 40, W

GHI, remaining, 60, W

JKL, original, 30, W

JKL, remaining, 70, W

];

Then i created a pie chart for example especially for ABC and i wanted to see two segments with 70 and 30.

Configuration of Pie chart:

Dim: estimate_type

Angle: sum({<ID={ABC}>} value)

Worked for me and you can create multiple pie charts next to each other. I hope this helps and you can create the other ones you need too.

Btw i did it in Qlik Sense.

Regards

Johannes

Thanks johannes ,For help