Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Difference between two months

Hi All,

I'm trying to do a difference between two months in the straight table. My source is Excel sheet and the problem is the IDs which are new in the month of October (I filtered out - hyphen in Sep and removed - hyphen in Oct) which gives a total of 180 new IDs (customers) in Oct. All the new customers data has been squished all together in one sheet. Please provide assistance in tackling this issue in Qlikview.

Thanks in advance.

Capture.PNG

27 Replies
sunny_talwar

Check the attached

sunny_talwar

Left part of Sum(Data) is not right. Please ignore that part because it is not correctly calculated.

Not applicable
Author

You're awesome Sunny. I need to make a final chart which looks like the two sheets I have attached. New customers are coming in each month but are leaving us due to various reasons. I need to see the decreasing number of customers per month. For example, in Oct we have 180 new customers but in Nov (the following month) 12 of those 180 customers left us and now we have 168 and in Dec, 13 more customers left so now of the 180 new customers added in Oct; 155 are remaining in Dec. I need to do a cohort analysis.

Not applicable
Author

I tried to understand the formula for it and the calculations but couldn't get it. Do you want me to remove it completely? The business users will most definitely ask for the missing link which takes the number from $25K to $58K. I tried to add the - Sum negative but no fruition.

Capture.PNG

With the negative....

Capture1.PNG

sunny_talwar

I will look at it again, but for right now, the number isn't correct. Will explain the logic in a bit.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks!!!!!!!!

sunny_talwar

Check this out

Capture.PNG

Change in Existing is an expression which calculate in value of Data due to Customer that stayed from one month to another, but there Data value either increased or decreased.

sunny_talwar

Can I request you to create a new discussion for this new thread. We have already addressed a lot of requirements in this one single threads and I think to make this thread simple for future users, I would like to address this new requirement in a new place.

Also, please consider marking Helpful answers for some of the posts which you found useful as that will help future users in looking through the post for helpful answers. Best thing about helpful answers is that you can as many helpful answer as you like

Qlik Community Tip: Marking Replies as Correct or Helpful