Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Differents datasets selected by a user

Hi everyone,

I'm starting in the world of qlikview and I have been thinking about a project that I want to do and I don't know if qlikview could be my tool.

The project consists of showing a graph that it contains differents datasets.

The source of this datasets is only one table and I want the users to select this datasets.

For example:

If I have this table:

CountryP. 1960P. 2016

Belgium

Denmark

Iceland

Germany

Ireland

New Zealand

and I have a user who select, for example, Iceland and Ireland, and there is another user who select Denmark, Belgium and Germany.

Can I have with qlikview two datasets selected by this two users? And could this two dataset be ploted in a graph by two differentes lines?

Thank you in advance and have a nice day.

2 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

I think, yes by help of Alternate states you can achieve this?

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Not applicable
Author

Hi Anil, thanks for your reply,

yes, it could be a possibility but I don't know how many datasets I have to create and doing this action with alternate states involves creating an indeterminate number of copies of the table.

Could I define different variables and assing them ditinct datasets?

Thanks in advance