cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Diffrence between export/import and make other copy of qlikview document

Hello Expert,

Can you please explain Diffrence between export/import and make other copy of same qlikview document?

6 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Please shed some light on the context of this question. Export/Import is performed on individual objects or tables. A duplicate of a QVW document copies an enitre data model, possibly containing hundreds of tables and billions of records.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

When I am exporing whole QVW as export doucment layout.it will export all object with script.

I don't under stand use of that.As I can just do copy paste of same QVW.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Export/Import Layout is mainly intended for when you want to reuse a specific layout in various documents with different data models.

BTW there is even a third option to export/import stuff from a QVW document: create a new directory where your document is located, and give it the same name as your document but with -prj attached at the end. Now open your document in QV Desktop and save it once more. Check the new folder...

Peter

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Even using copy past of file I can achive this Right?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Sure you can. However, copy/paste means more manipulations, while an Import Layout will do just that and in its entirety.

Export/Import may be more useful in complex development scenarios where you have a few to a lot of dependencies.

Peter