cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rittermd
Master
Master

Dimension Not Changing

I have a bar chart with a bar and a line.  Both expressions use set analysis to limit the date range that they calculate based on the date of service. 

The Dimension is calculated and is simply the month for the date of service.  So each bar is a month within a 12 month period based on the period selected in a filter.  So if they pick October 2015 in the filter then the chart should show the months from 11/2014 through 10/2015.  If they pick Sept. 2015 it should show months from 10/2014 through 9/2015 and so on.

When I change the Period the chart should adjust accordingly.

It is not.  The months do not change for the Dimension.

I have poked around looking at everything in the chart and I can't find what might be causing this not to work.

Hopefully, I have provided enough information to understand what I am trying to do.

Thanks.

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

Without seeing, it would be difficult to know what isn't working. Would you be able to share a sample?

rittermd
Master
Master
Author

I realize that.  Unfortunately we have HIPPA data.  So to show you the app I would have to scramble data, and hide all kinds of other things. 

I was hoping my description might raise a flag.  But I guess not.

sunny_talwar

No, just reading through it doesn't seems to tell that anything is wrong. May be if you can share your expression with some few lines of made up data?

maxgro
MVP
MVP

An example in the attachment

rittermd
Master
Master
Author

Bar on Chart

=Sum({$<[Date of Service]={'>=$(=$(vStartDate))<=$(=$(vEndDate))'}>}Cost)

Line on Chart

=Count({$<[Date of Service]={'>=$(=$(vStartDate))<=$(=$(vEndDate))'}>}claims_id)

Dimension:

=Month([Date of Service])

vStartDate:

Addmonths(PERIOD,-11)

vEndDate:

only(MonthEnd(PERIOD))