Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zakpullen
Creator
Creator

Dimension order in pivot table ruining index calculation

Hi,

I'm trying to create an index chart, with some progress. This expression works in a pivot table as long as MonthYear is the second dimension (of 2)

SUM({<FMonth=,FY=,Year=,fMonth=,Month=,MonthYear=>}FTE)
/
(top(SUM({<FMonth=,FY=,Year=,fMonth=,Month=,MonthYear=>}FTE))/100)

However, I want to present this in a line chart, say with 'Staff Group' as the other dimension.  If MonthYear is the second dimension, each line in the chart represent a MonthYear, and Staff Group in on the X axis. If I swap the dimensions around, the calculations mess up.

Is there any way around this?

Many thanks.

Labels (5)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try this

Only({1} 

Aggr(

Sum({<FMonth, FY, Year, fMonth, Month, MonthYear = {">=$(=Date(MonthStart(Max(MonthYear), -5), 'MMM-YYYY'))"}>} FTE)
/
(Top(Sum({<FMonth, FY, Year, fMonth, Month, MonthYear = {">=$(=Date(MonthStart(Max(MonthYear), -5), 'MMM-YYYY'))"}>} FTE))/100)

, [Staff Group], MonthYear)

)

View solution in original post

11 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try this

Aggr(

Sum({<FMonth, FY, Year, fMonth, Month, MonthYear>} FTE)
/
(Top(Sum({<FMonth, FY, Year, fMonth, Month, MonthYear>} FTE))/100)

[Staff Group], MonthYear)

zakpullen
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Sunny. I should add that the MonthYear range is controlled with a calculated dimension (below). Using your expression restricts results to the latest month only, and the results  are different (bigger, not wildly so).

If(MonthYear >= AddMonths(Max(TOTAL MonthYear), -5), MonthYear)

sunny_talwar

May be do it in the set analysis

Aggr(

Sum({<FMonth, FY, Year, fMonth, Month, MonthYear = {"<=$(=AddMonths(Max(MonthYear), -5))"}>} FTE)
/
(Top(Sum({<FMonth, FY, Year, fMonth, Month, MonthYear = {"<=$(=AddMonths(Max(MonthYear), -5))"}>} FTE))/100)

zakpullen
Creator
Creator
Author

Unfortunately that produces no results at all!

sunny_talwar

How is MonthYear created in the script?

sunny_talwar

Also, I added the incorrect sign <=... should be >=

Aggr(

Sum({<FMonth, FY, Year, fMonth, Month, MonthYear = {">=$(=AddMonths(Max(MonthYear), -5))"}>} FTE)
/
(Top(Sum({<FMonth, FY, Year, fMonth, Month, MonthYear = {">=$(=AddMonths(Max(MonthYear), -5))"}>} FTE))/100)

zakpullen
Creator
Creator
Author

Still nothing.MonthYear is created in the mastercalendar

Date(MonthStart(PeriodDate),'MMM-YYYY') as MonthYear

sunny_talwar

Try this

Aggr(

Sum({<FMonth, FY, Year, fMonth, Month, MonthYear = {">=$(=Date(MonthStart(Max(MonthYear), -5), 'MMM-YYYY'))"}>} FTE)
/
(Top(Sum({<FMonth, FY, Year, fMonth, Month, MonthYear = {">=$(=Date(MonthStart(Max(MonthYear), -5), 'MMM-YYYY'))"}>} FTE))/100)

zakpullen
Creator
Creator
Author

Now shows the latest (selected) MonthYear, with the correct value against each Staff Group. The expression is calculating correctly, but needs to display the previous 5 months.

Thanks for looking at this.