Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sarfaraz_sheikh
Contributor III
Contributor III

Dimensionality problem in Expression label

Dear Folks,

Dimensionality() is not giving me expected output in Qlikview version 11 SR12....However i was getting expected output in Qlikview version 11 SR1..

Attached is snapshot of my problem..

In Qlikview Version 11 SR12 ..Unexpected output i am getting below

Dimensionality 2.png

Expected output should be like below and as it was showing in Ver 11 SR1

Dimensionality 1.png

If you look at both charts see Expression Lead% ...in version 11 SR12  label is not getting white but in version 11 SR1 lable to getting white after inputing below code in Lead% expression Text color and Background color

if(Dimensionality()=2 or Dimensionality()=1,White(),

if(Dimensionality()=0 and

wildmatch([Status_Description-NB],'JSales_Open_default','KWork_In_Progress','LRegenerated_Leads','MTotal_Leads_Login'),'0',

if(Wildmatch([Status_Description-NB],'JConversion'),white()

)))

Can anyone tell me how i can acheived the expected result in Ver 11 SR12...help would be much appreciated if any..

jagangwassenaarhic‌  please comment

Thanks

Sarfaraz

11 Replies
sarfaraz_sheikh
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

can anyone help me with the above problem ???

tresesco
MVP
MVP

To reproduce the issue and have a look into it, a representative sample qvw would be required. Try to share one.

marcus_sommer

The expression isn't quite correct. Your then-part from the second conditions is '0' which might be ignored from the earlier version and which now caused an expression-error. There was changes between the releases how errors will be handled and there are options available within the easter egg, see also: http://qlikviewcookbook.com/2015/05/sr11-error-handling-changes/.

An alternatively to your white-coloring could be to set this to null() and use hiding of null as display-option.

- Marcus

sarfaraz_sheikh
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Dear Marcus,

can you please share any sample example for my understanding........so that would be much better.

Sarfaraz

marcus_sommer

Before playing with some options try to adjust/correct your expression. Also the wildmatch-function looked odd because you didn't use a wildcard so that it worked like a match-function. Further a final else-part is missing (it's not a general problem but to set some default-value as else-part avoids potential problems). Check this and try for testing:

if(Dimensionality()=2 or Dimensionality()=1,White(),

wildmatch([Status_Description-NB],'JSales_Open_default','KWork_In_Progress','LRegenerated_Leads','MTotal_Leads_Login'),blue(),

if(Wildmatch([Status_Description-NB],'JConversion'),white(), green()

)))

- Marcus

sarfaraz_sheikh
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I have tried your expression ...and getting below results as attached.Dimensionality 3.png

My question is why label of third expression lead % is not getting white ...is it bug ?? or do i need to change more in expression..

Kindly suggest me..

Sarfaraz

marcus_sommer

Try this to see a coloring for each result:

if(Dimensionality()=2 or Dimensionality()=1,red(),

wildmatch([Status_Description-NB],'JSales_Open_default','KWork_In_Progress','LRegenerated_Leads','MTotal_Leads_Login'),blue(),

if(Wildmatch([Status_Description-NB],'JConversion'),lightgrey(), green()

)))

- Marcus

sarfaraz_sheikh
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

as per your suggested expression see the result as attached..

dimensionality4.png

Label Lead% is not getting red at all in diminsionality 2....thats very surprising....

Please suggest what needs to be done..

Sarfaraz

marcus_sommer

Your condition is in both expression and dimensions? Are there other applied layout-options like styles in tab design or styles or any custom cell-format? Is the extended layout-mode enabled (tab general in document properties)?

Instead of white() and now red() try it with argb(0,0,0,0).

- Marcus