Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dimensions keep changing

Hi All ,

I have a straight table which has 2 dimensions  and there are many expressions .

I have  filters for year and month i have sorted the dimensions  in particular order , when i select year 2015 and month APR the dimension are correct in order and gives the right value

But when i select month MAY  the dimension changes ,.I dont understand why is this happening .

Can some one help me out of this ?

Iam providing the sample also

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Honestly speaking... I am not an IT guy... Don't have knowledge of VB code...

You can raise an another thread and kindly close this thread by selecting appropriate answer...

View solution in original post

7 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Can you provide sample file please?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Manish ,

I have provided the sample data , and one more thing manish please go throught this

Thanks for ur reply

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

I have checked... I don't understand your question... What is meant by Dimension Changing ? Please clarify.. would like to help you on this..

Not applicable
Author

Ok ..

If u look at TYPE and Description Column They are As MFG PRODUCTS,Traded Producst,Instalation and Others

as on 2015 Apr and when i select May it changes the orders, the Others is at Top .

I hope iam clear

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Change your sort expression as below

match(only({1} TYPE),'MFG Products','Traded Products','Installation','Others')

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot Manish i got it fixed .

I have one problem i  don't have any idea  about VB coding , If u see in the attachment there is Export to Excel code being written when i clik on it it will give me the whole straight table in to excel . but i want in the coding to include the Region and as well as Branch ,the excel generated should have Header rows of the straight table ,Region and Branches as well .Can u please help with this .

Thanks bro fro ur help

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Honestly speaking... I am not an IT guy... Don't have knowledge of VB code...

You can raise an another thread and kindly close this thread by selecting appropriate answer...