Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disable Hide Excluded

Hi Friends,

I have an urgent issue,

I have straight table,

You know in straight table when you select a row, it filters all the data, and the other rows disappears,

ı do not want this to happen?

when I click a row, it filters ok, but I still want to see the other rows.?

hide exc..png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

add set analysis to your expression to ignore selections on that field, so then you can still filter but the table won't reduce

Sum({<Field1=>} xxx)

hope that helps

Joe

View solution in original post

9 Replies
PrashantSangle

Hi,

Then make it read only.

by go to property->General

Regards

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi,

that cannot be changed in QlikView - unless you tick "Read only" in the dialog (on the "General" tab) so the chart  cannot be clicked at all.

Otherwise, only the dimensions allow for real filtering (where you might see several rows which are sharing a property) - the expressions cannot be filtered - when you click any row in a field which is marked as "expression", then only that one row is selected.

Is that what you meant? If not, could you elaborate a bit on your requirement? What exactly do you want to happen?

HTH

alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

In Presentation Tab Uncheck the box "Suppress zero values"

Let me know

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

add set analysis to your expression to ignore selections on that field, so then you can still filter but the table won't reduce

Sum({<Field1=>} xxx)

hope that helps

Joe

r_wroblewski
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi

"Read only" will also disable the possibility to select/filter.

What you can do is to use a field trigger to copy the selection to a variable and after this to clear the field automatically(Table will show all values).

You need to change the measures for all other needed objects to use the variable, which store the last selected items from your table.

Regards,

Ronny

This workaround is not perfect but maybe will work for you.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

fisland92 wrote:

it is really hard to understand QV logic.    

Not really. A straight table is designed to show data subject to current selections, so it responds to the selection you made. It is designed first to display data - selection is for convenience.

The object you may need to use is a list box - this does not remove the unselected items as it is designed first to enable selections.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

yes you are right about using listbox, it does this with "hide excluded" option already.

but in a listbox can we use expressions? multiple

yes we can but expression labels - are not available?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Yes you can use expressions (one or several) in a list box.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

yes we can but expression labels - are not available?