Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discrepancy in Result with Pick Function in Chart

Hi Experts,

I am experiencing a strange issue. I am not sure whether it's because of aggregation function or something else.

I am getting different result when using the same expression with pick function and without pick function. The result without pick is correct. I am not able to figure out why the value changing.

Dim

Exp1:

Pick(DimCount(Distinct if(aggr(sum([Inv Variance]), [Tran No]) <> 0, [Tran No])),2)

This gives result 184  (incorrect)

Exp2:

Count(Distinct if(aggr(sum([Inv Variance]), [Tran No]) <> 0, [Tran No]))

This gives result 152 (correct)

Please see the document attached.

Let me know if you have any solutions.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

The problem is related to Aggr() function... Within Island/Synthetic dimension, Aggr() doesn't behave the way we would expect... what do you get with this?

Pick(DimCount(Distinct if(aggr(NODISTINCT sum([Inv Variance]), [Tran No]) <> 0, [Tran No])),2)

and see if it changes anyting

View solution in original post

3 Replies
sunny_talwar

The problem is related to Aggr() function... Within Island/Synthetic dimension, Aggr() doesn't behave the way we would expect... what do you get with this?

Pick(DimCount(Distinct if(aggr(NODISTINCT sum([Inv Variance]), [Tran No]) <> 0, [Tran No])),2)

and see if it changes anyting

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Sunny, It's working perfectly. But I am still researching on rationale, if you can shed some light. I want to understand what difference nodistinct is making there.

sunny_talwar

Here is one link where troyansky‌ explains Aggr() and Synthetic dimensions:

Q-Tip # 14 – AGGR() and Synthetic Dimensions | Natural Synergies