Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sunny_talwar

Discrepancy in output from Toad and QlikView

Hey Team -

We have a package which returns a very specific date based on today's date. So, suppose I enter today's date, the package correctly returns 4/21/2017 (Friday). But the same package returns 4/18/2017 (Tuesday) in QlikView. If I adjust the date by 1 or 2 months, I see the same issue where it always gives Friday within TOAD, but Tuesday in QlikView.

What could be an issue here? Any ideas?

mrkachhiaimp‌, pcammaert‌, hic‌, marcus_sommer

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

To check the drivers see odbcad32.exe as the first place. Note that you have two files with that name one for 32 bit connections in C:\Windows\SysWOW64 and another for 64 bit connections in C:\Windows\System32

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

How the query looks like? In QlikView, does it happen when you LOAD or when you SELECT? Both Toad and QlikView use the same driver and account to query the database?

sunny_talwar
Author

There is no preceding load, just the direct query using SELECT

TableName:

SQL SELECT   PACKAGE_NAME(SYSDATE) VALUE

FROM DUAL;

How can I check the drivers? Account is the same and same environment (prod)

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

To check the drivers see odbcad32.exe as the first place. Note that you have two files with that name one for 32 bit connections in C:\Windows\SysWOW64 and another for 64 bit connections in C:\Windows\System32

sunny_talwar
Author

We are using OLEDB connection, does that make any difference?

sunny_talwar
Author

It works with ODBC Connection... Why would it not work with OLEDB connection? I am not sure I understand the difference?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

ODBC and OLE DB are two different interfaces to communicate with databases.

Long story short: ODBC historically allowed only relational databases, now this has changed and it is open (the O in the name stays for Open), while OLE DB was broader, it can be used to read from other systems mail servers, for example, but only works on Microsoft Windows systems.

Let's say both are a different set of APIs for the same purpose: consuming data from sources. Different APIs, different methods, sometimes different results.

sunny_talwar
Author

I guess there is no way to get the correct output using OLE DB Connection then?

sunny_talwar
Author

Thanks mbaeyens‌ I will check this out.