Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
s10157754
Creator III
Creator III

Display 2 expressions values inside 1 bar

Dear Qlikview Experts,

Recently I had received a request from one of my clients to improve the functionality of a bar chart by displaying 2 expression values inside 1 single bar. I was wondering if this is possible to achieve in Qlikview?

Basically right now the bar chart is displaying the % of Goods in a field. On the other hand, clients also want to see the total number of counts for that field to be displayed inside the bar. (The request from the client has been highlighted in RED at the picture below)

Capture.PNG

I had attached the sample Qlikview file for your reference.

I have no idea whether this is able to achieve in Qlikview, but any ideas from you all would be greatly appreciated!

Best Regards,

QianNing

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

keep your existing expression and uncheck "Values on Data Points" for that expression. Now add one more expression as below:

count({<[Result] = {'Good'}>}[Result]) &'(' &Num(count({<[Result] = {'Good'}>}[Result]) /

count(Result),'#0.%') &')'

make sure you remove the check against bar in "Display options" as show below:

ShowNumberAndPercentInBar-Chart_2.jpg

View solution in original post

9 Replies
trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

One way you can do is, showing the count and percentage in the brackets on the top of the bar. Take a look at the attached file and hope this helps.

ShowNumberAndPercentInBar-Chart.jpg !

Anil_Babu_Samineni

What is the measure for second data points to get 20, 38, 52?? Is this okay?

Capture.JPG

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
s10157754
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Dear Thirumala,

Your ideas looks good and I am willing to take into consideration. May I know more details on how you achieve this outcome? As I was using the Personal Edition, So I am not able to open your qlikview file. Appreciate if you can guide me step by step on how you achieved this outcome. Thanks for your help in advance!

Best Regards,

QianNing

s10157754
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Dear Anil,

Your solution looks awesome as well. The measure for second data points will be "count(Result)". As I was using Personal Edition, are you able to provide more with more details on how you did this?

Best Regards,

QianNing

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

keep your existing expression and uncheck "Values on Data Points" for that expression. Now add one more expression as below:

count({<[Result] = {'Good'}>}[Result]) &'(' &Num(count({<[Result] = {'Good'}>}[Result]) /

count(Result),'#0.%') &')'

make sure you remove the check against bar in "Display options" as show below:

ShowNumberAndPercentInBar-Chart_2.jpg

Anil_Babu_Samineni

But, Count(Result) returns all 9's only. Anyway i pick Combo chart and attached images for you. Then, Give Dynamic Scale to achieve and one thing we need to know the second expression position should be Right

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
s10157754
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Dear Anil,

I had follow your guides through the picture but still unable to achieve the same outcome as you. Did I miss out anything?

Capture.PNG

Best Regards,

QianNing

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Go to axis tab and select Expressions and enable static min/max from scale section

Same for second, But including Position is right

s10157754
Creator III
Creator III
Author

‌Dear Thirumala,

Thanks so much for your solution. I think your idea is more closer to the requirement from the client. Appreciated so much for your kind effort!

Best Regards

QianNing