cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Display comparative data for this time last year

Hello,

I've done a lot of reading about how to bring previous year's data into a column for comparison against current year data.   I've explored the use of variables within SET ANALYSIS but am not getting reliable results.  mostly I get 0 or NULL fill.

The attached example has 2012-13 and 2013-14 Financial Year data.  in Australia our Financial year starts in July and ends in June.

I simply want to display the sum of a field for the currently selected year (ie: 2013-14), then have the previous year field display the same time period (days and months) for the previous year (ie 2012-13).  I can achieve this by hard coding '2012-13' into the SET ANALYSIS but that is very restrictive - and not in the true spirit of QV.

I've explored using variables to calculate currentdate - 365 but this only produces results where a single day is selected. 

If anyone has the time to take a look and make some recommendations it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

John.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi John,

The set analysis that you are looking for is below

SUM

({$<TASPriceWeightSameDayFlag={'Overnight'},AcuteSubacuteFlag={'Acute'},FinancialYear={'$(=MaxString(PreviousFinancialYear))'}>} TASPriceWeight)

Try this.

Best regards,

Gowri Shankar

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

Hi John,

The set analysis that you are looking for is below

SUM

({$<TASPriceWeightSameDayFlag={'Overnight'},AcuteSubacuteFlag={'Acute'},FinancialYear={'$(=MaxString(PreviousFinancialYear))'}>} TASPriceWeight)

Try this.

Best regards,

Gowri Shankar