Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dmichel0729
Contributor
Contributor

Distinct Count between dates

Hello all, 

I am trying to change an expression that previously looked at a date range up to three months prior. I now need to change it to show data prior to 90 days. Below is the expression I have developed, but the output I receive in my chart is "-". The font in red is what I have added to change the max date to 90 days. Previously, the red text was Date(MonthEnd(Max(MonthYear), -3). 

Num(count(DISTINCT{1< [Site]={'Site Reviewed On Time', 'Site Reviewed Late'}, MonthYear={"$(='>=' & Date(MonthStart(Max(MonthYear), -13), 'MMM-YYYY') & '<=' & Date(=Date(today(), -90), 'MMM-YYYY')"}, [Record Status] -={'Postponed', 'Cancelled'}>} RPA)/count(DISTINCT{1< [Site]-={''}, MonthYear={"$(='>=' & Date(MonthStart(Max(MonthYear), -13), 'MMM-YYYY') & '<=' & Date(=Date(today(), -90)), 'DD-MM-YYYY')"}, [Record Status] -={'Postponed', 'Cancelled'}>} RPA),'#,##0%')

Any help would be appreciated! 

Thank you

Dylan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Perhaps this?

Num(count(DISTINCT{1< [Site]={'Site Reviewed On Time', 'Site Reviewed Late'},MonthYear={">=$(=Date(MonthStart(AddMonths(Max(MonthYear), -13)), 'MMM-YYYY'))<=$(=Date(MonthStart(AddMonths(Max(MonthYear), -3)), 'MMM-YYYY'))"}, [Record Status] -={'Postponed', 'Cancelled'}>} RPA)/count(DISTINCT{1< [Site]-={''}, MonthYear={">=$(=Date(MonthStart(AddMonths(Max(MonthYear), -13)), 'MMM-YYYY'))<=$(=Date(MonthStart(AddMonths(Max(MonthYear), -3)), 'MMM-YYYY'))"}, [Record Status] -={'Postponed', 'Cancelled'}>} RPA),'#,##0%')

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Perhaps this?

Num(count(DISTINCT{1< [Site]={'Site Reviewed On Time', 'Site Reviewed Late'},MonthYear={">=$(=Date(MonthStart(AddMonths(Max(MonthYear), -13)), 'MMM-YYYY'))<=$(=Date(MonthStart(AddMonths(Max(MonthYear), -3)), 'MMM-YYYY'))"}, [Record Status] -={'Postponed', 'Cancelled'}>} RPA)/count(DISTINCT{1< [Site]-={''}, MonthYear={">=$(=Date(MonthStart(AddMonths(Max(MonthYear), -13)), 'MMM-YYYY'))<=$(=Date(MonthStart(AddMonths(Max(MonthYear), -3)), 'MMM-YYYY'))"}, [Record Status] -={'Postponed', 'Cancelled'}>} RPA),'#,##0%')

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Dmichel0729
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello Anil, 

Where you stated '"<=$(=Date(MonthStart(AddYears(Max(MonthYear), -3))"  I am actually trying to make it reflect 90 days and no longer 3 months. Sorry my explanation in the question may have been a little misleading.  Do you know how I would change your above expression to reflect 90 days prior?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

What is your date field and how it is? Today() is not the correct one, IF you calculate MonthYear from DateField - You can try? But actually you should be having similar functionality when you compare MonthYear with Date so, I would suggest to use DateField instead MonhtYear. If not, Please explain more with some dataset ..

<=$(Date(Max(DateField, -30)))