Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Distinct Values in Slider

HI All,

I'm somewhat stuck on where to go with this so hoping someone may be able to help.

I have a data set that includes assorted performance data by date and time, what I'm wanting to do is use a slider that enables me to zone in on a particular time frame, however having used the 'planned time' field as my point of reference rather than getting one set of times in asscending order from 00:00 to 23:59, I get all times recorded on the data set sorted by dat and then time.

How do I set the slider up to enable me to select distinct time values?

Some example data is below:

Event     Planned Date     Planned Time

1             01/05/14            02:00

2             01/05/14            03:00

3             01/05/14            16:00

4             02/05/14            02:15

5             02/05/14            13:45

What I would like to achieve is a slider that runs from the lowest time to the highest, (althought preferably fixed at 00:00 to 23:59), such that a selection of 02:00-03:00 woud select event's 1,2 and 4. What I'm currently getting is a slider with 5 points in it, with the points being in event / date time order, so 16:00 appears in the middle rather than at the end.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

Maybe:

create slider with Data set to 2 variables (from and to), with static min, max and step.

Then on those variables change in document properties create triggers to force selection on your time field.

regards

Darek