Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Document CAL licenses

Hi

I am having issues with releasing document cals and assigning a cal to a new document. Client Access Licenses (CALs) shows that all 10 Documents CALa has been assined but there is no user assiged to this CALs (see 2 screenshots below)

How do I clear all document CALs?

Please assist !

25 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

it seems 0 assigned for doc cal or I'm missing something?

Giuseppe_Novello

Mahlatse,

Not sure if you looking at your screenshot, but it saying that "0" documental CALs are assigned, in other words, NONE of your document CALs are yet assigned, or like Massimo mention, are we missing something?

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

This means all your license are available and its not assigned or allocated to any one.

You can assign them to any user you want without any issue.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Giuseppe & Massimo

I can see that none of my document CAls are yet assigned but when I open a qvw file in server it return this error message "Access denied! The server is currently out of SESSION and USAGE CALs". This is the issue I am struggling with.

maxgro
MVP
MVP

and if you try to allocate (manual) a doc (or named) cal to a user, what does it happen?

Not applicable
Author

I can manually asign a document CAL but I still get the same error message ""Access denied! The server is currently out of SESSION and USAGE CALs".

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Ok, In this case I would check if I have a valid License.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Giuseppe_Novello

Dear Mahlate,

since the license is small I am assuming that you have "Force_Authentication;;YES" in the LEF file, for that make sure that you authenticating when you go to accesspoint( you should see your name on the top corner) , if for some reason it saids "anonymous" that might be causing you issues.

To correct this and force the authentication, go to QMC>system>setup>Qlikview server> security > "prohibit anonymous"> hit apply and try again.

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Giuseppe

There is no path like this "QMC>system>setup>Qlikview server> security > "prohibit anonymous">". Please note that I am using Qlikview 11