Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bkkuah17
Contributor II
Contributor II

Does Qlikview ODBC write access for all DB ?

Hi,

Currently I trying perform insertion into database and found not all database's ODBC can perform insert statement. While the

same script works in MySQL at the same time it doesn't work with Netezza. Is there additional setting can be done or it is Qlikview limitation or licensing issue ?

Configuration done,

QV3.jpg

QV4.jpg

Qlikview ODBC drive allow read access, whereas Windows setting allows read/write access.

QV1.jpg

QV2.jpg

win1.jpg

ODBC log tracers show errors occurs at access write issue,

win2.jpg

Thanks

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

I think the limitation is within your used odbc-driver and/or you haven't the appropriate user-credentials and/or the db security-settings are restricting to the write-access in any way.

- Marcus

bkkuah17
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

As the screenshot shows windows registry is granting read write acces, while qlikview is granting only read access. Windows ODBC log tracer shows the session was opened with a read access to execute scripts.

I am successfully execute the same script in Aginity Workbench with the same login access.

With the same ODBC connection in Qlikview I only manage to view records in the table.

marcus_sommer

I don't think that's on the qlikview-side because the same worked with MySQL which proved the general working of your approach and AFAIK qlik has no further part as to transfer the sql-statement to the database-driver and to get data back (in case of a select-statement). This meant there must be another reason. Are you sure that there is no write-lock on that table when you tried to write the data?

- Marcus