Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dollar-sign expansion in chart expression

Hi, experts,

Is it possible to use dollar-sign expansion based ob filed value in the chart expression?

Table has 2 fileds F1 and F2

F1 values: 1 and 2

F2 values: 'F1*2' and 'F1*3''

Expression looks like this: sum($(=F2))

I got Null() if F2 filed has different values. In case there is only one repeated value it works fine.

What could be a problem?

Regards,

Natalia

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

So far as I know, it isn't possible. Dollar sign expansions occur outside of the dimensions of your table. So when you have two different values, even if they are distinct for each row of your table, the dollar sign expansion will return null, and the sum of nulls is null.

There are probably other ways to get the desired results, but you won't get there using dollar sign expansions.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

So far as I know, it isn't possible. Dollar sign expansions occur outside of the dimensions of your table. So when you have two different values, even if they are distinct for each row of your table, the dollar sign expansion will return null, and the sum of nulls is null.

There are probably other ways to get the desired results, but you won't get there using dollar sign expansions.

Not applicable
Author

Dear John,

Thank you for the explanation. I'll try to find some other solution of my task

Regards,

Natalia