Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peterderrington
Creator II
Creator II

Dont count a value from a different column

Hi,

I have created an expression to determine a compliance rate on my dashboard but i now need to be able to exclude specific rows with a given value from a different column......

Current expression is:

Count({<Place={'09'},[Questions Complete]={'Yes'}>}Place)/Count({<Place={'09'}>}Place)

This gives me the percentage of times that things in "Place" "9" have an answer of "Yes".

I need it to NOT count rows whereby the column 'There' has a value of "example"

Any suggestions?

To make things more complex, sometimes there will be two values in 'There' that i want it to exclude.

Thanks,

Peter

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

This needs to be excluded in just the numerator or both numerator and denominator? Try this

If just numerator

Count({<Place={'09'},[Questions Complete]={'Yes'}, Thing -= {'example'}>}Place)/Count({<Place={'09'}>}Place)

If both

Count({<Place={'09'},[Questions Complete]={'Yes'}, Thing -= {'example'}>}Place)/Count({<Place={'09'}, Thing -= {'example'}>}Place)

For multiple exclusions

Count({<Place={'09'},[Questions Complete]={'Yes'}, Thing -= {'example', 'anotherexample'}>}Place)/Count({<Place={'09'}, Thing -= {'example', 'anotherexample'}>}Place)

View solution in original post

3 Replies
sunny_talwar

This needs to be excluded in just the numerator or both numerator and denominator? Try this

If just numerator

Count({<Place={'09'},[Questions Complete]={'Yes'}, Thing -= {'example'}>}Place)/Count({<Place={'09'}>}Place)

If both

Count({<Place={'09'},[Questions Complete]={'Yes'}, Thing -= {'example'}>}Place)/Count({<Place={'09'}, Thing -= {'example'}>}Place)

For multiple exclusions

Count({<Place={'09'},[Questions Complete]={'Yes'}, Thing -= {'example', 'anotherexample'}>}Place)/Count({<Place={'09'}, Thing -= {'example', 'anotherexample'}>}Place)

dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

use There-={'Example','Example1'}

peterderrington
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Absolutely fabulous, thank you so much, that's sorted it perfectly.