Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Drag and Drop Dimension in Chart not working

Hi,

I'm experiencing a problem while dropping a vertical dimension to the horizontal axes, most of the times it fails to move and i can't figure out why.

I've tried running my report from web (plugin and ajax) and inside the client but the problem is the same, the drag & drop works randomly, no matter where i drop the dimension.

Anyone experienced this isssue?

I'm running QlikView Server 11.0.11311.0 on Windows 2008 R2 x64.

Thanks.

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi

I'm a little confused by the question, I've never seen drap and drop functionality in a qlikview document so perhaps I'm miss-understanding what you're saying, as far as I know you cannot simply drag a dimension onto an axis.

???

Not applicable
Author

Hi Nigel,

I said chart but i forgot to say it is a "pivot table" chart, looking to similar threads i've found this :

http://community.qlik.com/message/222634#222634

this is exactly the problem i have, i've tried the workaround in this thread but it doesn't solve the problem for me.

Not applicable
Author

Now I understand.

Although I must admit that I don't get issues with this in a pivot, it

is very fussy about where you click and drag, and obviously the big blue

arrow also needs accuracy, but I don't get the sort of issues you're

describing.

Not applicable
Author

I had the same problem, left click and hold the field you want to move then  drag it to the rightmost top part of the pivot table.