Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Drill Down: Week level showing data for whole week

Hi Folks,

Currently i have Chart with Drill down group(Year/Month/Week), the additional requirement is when user drill downs to Week level(By clicking on month or a Bar) week displayed should be whole week.

e.g. Week 40 of a year half falls in Sept and half in October, when user clicks on October Week 40 should be showing data from days of Sept as well as October, i having difficulty in implementing this as once a month is selected how can we show data from days of other month.

Your help is appreciated as always.

Thanks,

ASP

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi Anwar, try this:

=If(GetCurrentField(Group-name)='Week',

Sum({<Date={'>=$(=Date(WeekStart(Min(Date))))<=$(=Date(WeekEnd(Max(Date))))'}, Month>} Value),

Sum(Value)

)

View solution in original post

11 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi Anwar, something like this:

=If(GetCurrentField(Group_name)='Week'

Sum(TOTAL <Year, Week> expression), //The Sum can be any other function

Sum(expression)

)

or

=If(Count(DISTINCT Week)=1

Sum(TOTAL <Year, Week> expression), //The Sum can be any other function

Sum(expression)

)

Not tested.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you override the selection of month in the expression and filter only by week, you should get what you want. Something like:

Sum({<Week = {"$(=Max(Week))"}, Month>} Sales)

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you want to make the expression depend on the drill down level, then use GetCurrentField to organise the expression like this:

=If(GetCurrentField(DDGroup) = 'Week',

Sum({<Week = {"$(=Max(Week))"}, Month>} Sales),

Sum(Sales)

)

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Try this,

=If(GetCurrentField(Group_name)='Week',  Sum({<Month=>} expression),   Sum(expression))

Not applicable
Author

Guys, thanks for your replies but i dont want the chart for just one week, if i have selected August it should be for all August month but 1st and last week of August should be complete which can fall under July and September.

rubenmarin

Hi Anwar, try this:

=If(GetCurrentField(Group-name)='Week',

Sum({<Date={'>=$(=Date(WeekStart(Min(Date))))<=$(=Date(WeekEnd(Max(Date))))'}, Month>} Value),

Sum(Value)

)

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ruben,

I guess this will give me complete Year data if i ignore Month in Exp, some how i have to capture month find its min and max week and than play with it.

rubenmarin

Hi Anwar, you tried?

The 'true' part of the if only works when week is the dimension and week isn't ignored, so each week will show his data for the whole week ignoring the month.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Ruben your suggestion worked, others thanks as well.

Just one thing in set analysis you have written "Month" without any = sign was that a typo?