Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dynamic Cell / Row / Line Height

Hey,

is there a possibility setting up a dynamic hight in pivot dimension? I need up to 4 lines for some expressions but only 1 line for some other. In standard options I am only able to set 2 or more lines and that option locked to all shown expressions. Is there a way through macro or something.

Object could be Pivot or Staight Table.

I couldn't find something fitting in API-App.

Greets,

Jonas

5 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I don't think it's possible, but I could be wrong. I'd certainly like to be able to do this. Well, actually, I'd like to have a setting where QlikView will automatically use as many or as few lines as necessary to display my data.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for reply. I feared this one... Thats it for official print-reporting on Qlikview. Just this little option. 😞 . It was so hard to even get to an nice looking sheet but with only one usable line... on intern stuff - OK, but official needs - no way ... 😞

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

We have an incidents dashboard that displays throughout the plant. Typically, there are no incidents, or one or two. Every now and again, there might be five or six. So I originally only allowed enough lines so that six (?) could display on the screen. But many incident descriptions would then get cut off, even though there was a ton of unused space on the screen.

I'm not recommending this, but I ended up making seven (?) different charts, each with a different number of lines displayed, and use a conditional show to only display the chart that will best display the data. It works pretty well in this case. Not ideally, but pretty well. Obviously it's a big maintenance headache if I need to make changes. What it won't work for is a more normal case, where you might have, say, hundreds of records with text, where each text record could be one to many lines.

I may have misunderstood your situation on first reading, though. You say that "In standard options I am only able to set 2 or more lines and that option locked to all shown expressions." I'm fiddling with a pivot table now, and the option, if I understand what you're talking about, is not locked. I am able to select it, and choose, say, 2 lines. It affects EVERY expression, so it isn't dynamic per expression, or per value of that expression, but I can at least select it. Assuming you're talking about the "wrap cell text" setting, anyway:

Not applicable
Author

You are right. I only meant you chose it one time and it is fix for all of your lines/rows. I was talking about "Wrap Cell Text". Have some problems in explaining something in english 🙂 ! And naming these options, because Qlikview shows mine in german Confused .

Problem is, I have about 30 to 50 rows and they reach from 1 to 6 in height. So your solution would not work here. Unfortunately... Perhaps in other scenary... With thisone I have to wait Qliktech is fixing this issue.

Not applicable
Author

I ran into the same problem.  I ended up submiting this as an "Idea":

http://community.qlik.com/ideas/2937