Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dynamic Filters

Currently when you set up a filter and tie it to a field the user can select the values from that field that they want to see / be returned. I have a table with a large # of fields, far too many to filter on, but the users want access to all of them, even though they will only filter on a handful at any one time.  It is just that with each use of the application, it will be a different handful of fields they want to filter on. I would like to have the user first select the field they would like to filter on and then dynamically set or change the field that a filter points too.  Then the user could select the values they want from that field. Is there a way to do this in the current version of Qlikview?

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

There is a system field $Field - a complete list of all fields in QV document.  You can make a list box (filter) available on condition that the field name is selected in $Field.

A better (in my opinion) way is to show conditionally all filters in a click of a button "Show/Hide Filters".  User can make selections, and click the same button.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Michael for your response.  I think that takes care of the first part of my challenge.  The second part that I describe is once the user picks the field, I want that field to be one of the fields that is filtered on.  Is this second part possible?

Thank you again,  Allen

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

yeah...i had a very similar requirement...in my case, when a field is selected in the filter, a particular set of fields need to populate the filters dropdown. i had 4 such "sets". i created these four dropdowns and conditionally show them based on the first field selected...used getselectedcount(/*field1*/)>0 as my condition. hope this helps.