Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dynamic Growth Rate?

I'm trying to calculate a growth rate between the two user-selected endpoints of my data, but I can't figure out how to make the formula work.  For instance, if the user selects 2013-2016, I'd like to display the growth rate for that period.  Similarly, if they select 2010-2019, I'd like to display the growth rate for that period as well.

Current variables are [FiscalYear] and [Amount]

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
maxgro
MVP
MVP

just tried in the attachment with some test data

View solution in original post

8 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

are the end point years?

maybe growth in % / number of years?

( sum( {$<[Fiscal Year]= {$(=Max([Fiscal Year]))}>} Amount) -  sum( {$<[Fiscal Year]= {$(=Min([Fiscal Year]))}>} Amount) )

( sum( {$<[Fiscal Year]= {$(=Min([Fiscal Year]))}>} Amount) * (Max([Fiscal Year]) -Min([Fiscal Year]))

Not applicable
Author

The end points should be the first and last years within the selected years in [FiscalYear] - if the user selects 14-19, it should be 14 and 19.  And yes, it should be % growth over the user selected period (so % growth from 14-19 in the aforementioned example).

maxgro
MVP
MVP

ok, thanks, my idea is above, hope it helps you

Not applicable
Author

I entered your suggestion (had to close the parentheses at the end) but it's just giving me null values.  Any idea?

maxgro
MVP
MVP

if you think the idea is ok (from the logical point of view) you can start to check an expression

sum( {$<[Fiscal Year]= {$(=Max([Fiscal Year]))}>} Amount)

as there are 3 similar expression, when the first one is ok, the other too should be ok

assuming you select the period 2013-2016, previous expression should be the same (same value) as

sum( {$<[Fiscal Year]= {2016}>} Amount)

Not applicable
Author

When I just enter one section of the formula with 2014-2017 selected:

(sum( {$<[Fiscal Year]= {$(=Max([Fiscal Year]))}>} Amount)

or

(sum( {$<[Fiscal Year]= {$(=Min([Fiscal Year]))}>} Amount)

It returns the same value - the sum total of 2014-2017.  Any ideas?

maxgro
MVP
MVP

just tried in the attachment with some test data

Not applicable
Author

EDIT:  Figured it out - the issue was on my end.  Your solution worked beautifully.  Thank you!