Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dynamic Measure on GetCurrentSelections

Hi All,

I am looking to have a dynamic measure in a chart based on a current selection on a dimension.

In my example, I want it to give me measure (a) if I select the dimension 'month', and if 'month' is not selected, give me measure (b). My expression works fine, but there is a massive performance overhead.

IF(GetCurrentSelections(), = 'month',

sum({1 <cytd_flag = {1}, [currency to]=>} [quantity activities]), /* Measure (a)*/

sum({<cytd_flag = {1}, [currency to]=>} [quantity calls]))  /* Measure (b)*/

Any suggestions to achieve the same result?

Thanks in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi Christopher, if you want to check any values directly selected on a field you can try with GetSelectedCount():

GetSelectedCount(Month) // If no value is selected in the field returns 0, wich is equal to False.

if (GetSelectedCount(Month),

sum({<cytd_flag = {1}, [currency to]=>} [quantity activities]),

sum({ 1 <cytd_flag = {1}, [currency to]=>} [quantity calls])  

)

Note that it will also return true when there is more than one value selected

View solution in original post

3 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi Christopher, maybe using the field instead of the general 'GetCurrentSelction()':

IF(DimensionFieldName = 'month',

Also you can try if the conditional expressions gives better performance, create both expressions and opposed conditions like:

- For measure (a):

DimensionFieldName = 'month'

-For measure (b)

DimensionFieldName <> 'month'

And if you're using dimension groups check this post on how to detect the actual dimension: Did you know..? Cyclic Group

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ruben,

If I use the fieldname, I will then be getting the values within the field. I.e. [month] = 'Jan, Feb, Mar'.

However, with a bit of tweaking, I've used the following and it works much better.

if ( match([month],'Jan',' Feb', 'Mar', 'Apr', 'May', 'Jun', 'Jul', 'Aug', 'Sep', 'Oct', 'Nov', 'Dec'),

)

Thanks

rubenmarin

Hi Christopher, if you want to check any values directly selected on a field you can try with GetSelectedCount():

GetSelectedCount(Month) // If no value is selected in the field returns 0, wich is equal to False.

if (GetSelectedCount(Month),

)

Note that it will also return true when there is more than one value selected