Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
louwhooo
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Dynamically hide/show/move charts

I have the need to dynamically hide/show charts based on user input.  Using buttons and variables this is easily accomplished.  However, how can I efficiently display what has been selected ?

Let's say I have 8 charts labeled 1 thru 8.  On a "master" tab, I'll have a list of buttons that a user can interact with to choose which of the 8 they want to see.  On another "display" tab - they want to display the charts in groups of 4, with the ability to toggle to the "next" 4 so there is no scrolling required.  No matter what I try, I cannot seem to eliminate the 'blank" space left when a chart is hidden.

If I place the charts in two columns of 4, they can be shown/hidden - but there are blank spaces when hidden.

For example:

If the are placed like:

1 5

2 6

3 7

4 8

and the user selects to see 1,3,6 and 8 - the display is

where they want it to be:

1 6

3 8

Whatever is selected should display in the same 4 locations - with the abilty to press a button or toggle to the next selections (if greater than 4).

If placed in a container withType of "Grid", with rows and columns of 2 - this still leaves a blank when one is suppressed.  BTW - how can you display the 5th chart in a container like that ?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you post a sample app of how you have designed the UI. I guess, that way it will be easier to suggest an option.

Regards,

Aadil