Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dynamically selecting dates in the query (in user selection)

Hi All,

I am quite new to QlikView.Need help to grab the below scenario.  I have a date column which giving it as selection to user. User requested to view report as fixed template. To handle that we have inserted few empty with all the values in the table. when user selects the date then it should pic dynamically the default date also. Below is the table:

ColA     ColB    Colc

aa        100       30-Jun-2014

bb         200      30-Jun-2014

bb         300      01-JUL-2014

aa         0         01-JAN-9999

bb         0         01-JAN-9999

so my query should be select ColA,sum(ColB) where Colc=(userresponse or '01-JAN-999'  ). When user selects background it should select the date values 01-JAN-9999 so that all the values would be fixed

Kindly advice.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I think the easiest way is to use a bookmark that contains the fixed date. This bookmark can then be used together with the user selections in a set analysis expression. See attached example.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I think the easiest way is to use a bookmark that contains the fixed date. This bookmark can then be used together with the user selections in a set analysis expression. See attached example.

Not applicable
Author

Bro it worked like Gem . Like this can we add any number of Bookmarks is it? If yes can you please give me the Syntax

Thanks in advance

Pavan

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Yes, you can add any number of bookmarks: {$+BM1+BM2+...etc}

Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much.