Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Text size HTML tags

I have a Straight Table and I want to use an expression to set the size of the text.]

When I use HTML tags in the Text Fromat options for Bold, Underline or Italic it all works fine ('<b>'), but when I try '<H1>' then nothing happens. How can I apply '<H1>' etc to text in the straight table.

My ultimate goal is to assign these tags to a variable so that I can just use a variable instead of setting text formats individually.

Thank you

6 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

The 'text color' will not accept standard HTML tags. In fact, there are only 3 possibilities (bold, underline, italic)

Capture.PNG

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

We can only use <B>, <'I'> and <U> tags in formatting expression, if we want to give the font size then we have to use Fonts tab.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

So there is no way to assigning a text size to a variable in the same way I can assign a color to a variable?

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Not really.

Besides the development/management angle, is there anything specific your looking to produce ? Most Font/size options only allow whole number values, not expressions.

Not applicable
Author

I have a lot of object where the font needs to be of particular size. I thought it would be easier if I could just assign the size to a variable and then have the variables imported from a text file.

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

I agree it would be but its just not possible to variablize the font size in most parts of QV.  You could create a theme that assigns default font sizes to different objects and create multiple themes , but its not as flexible as what you describe.