Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

EDX <MountedFolder>/<SubFolder>/<Application>

Hi,

On the file system I have a main folder with 2 physical sub-folders containing qvw's used to load qvd's. Typically <parentfolder>/Facts and <parentfolder>/Dimensions.

The <parentfolder> I set as a mounted folder in QMC. In QMC - Documents, I can see the folder structure and qvw files within each subfolder, so far so good.

I set these up to reload using EDX, and I can see them in Tasks waiting to be triggered. Again, so far so good.

My problem is Task not found issue.

It only occurs when I set -task to <mountedfolder>/<subfolder>/<appname>.qvw notation.

If I move the same qvw to the <mountedfolder> location and set -task to <mountedfolder>/<appname>.qvw, it executes ok.

We are running QlikView Server 11 with no Publisher. -task is being given the name of the <application>.qvw and not the name of the task, as is the case when not running Publisher. We're using QMSEDX to trigger the reload.

For EDX purposes, are sub-folders recognised beneath mounted folders? If they are, any suggestions?

Thanks,

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

Well. After much trial and error, got it running with <MountedFolder>/<SubFolder> scenario on the file system.

If an application is placed in the <MountedFolder> itself, enabling a Reload on that document via 'On an external event', QMC names the Task as 'Reload of <ApplicationName>.qvw'. To execute this with EDX, use the <ApplicationName>.qvw in the -task parameter.

If an application is placed in a sub-folder below <MountedFolder>, QMC doesn't name the Task 'Reload of <ApplicationName>.qvw', it names it something quite different. It appears to be using complete folder path from <MountedFolder> down to it's lowest <SubFolder> (replacing underscores with spaces and a '-' between each folder name, followed by the actual<SubFolder>/<ApplicationName>.qvw. In this sitauation, only by using the Task Name in the -task parameter was I able to execute the application via EDX.

Summarising:-

If the application is in the <MountedFolder> itself, in EDX -task parameter, I use the application name.

If the application is in a <SubFolder> beneath <MountedFolder>, in EDX -task parameter, I use the Task Name.

It works.

Hope this helps anyone else in the same situation running QlikView Server 11 without Publisher and using (in our case QMSEDX) external triggered reloads.

Comments appreciated.