Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
antonaks
Creator II
Creator II

EDX trigger (how to set variable to the document)

Hello everybody!

I need put variable to qvw document, which I reload with EDX command from cmd file.

Do we have any solutions about send variable from EDX trigger?

Anton.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

There might be several versions of the command line application around, have you tried looking into the available command line options? (e.g. using only -help option?)

The command line executable is most likely also supporting passing the variable, have a look at

EDX Call with Variables

View solution in original post

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Isn't that part of the API?

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2017/Subsystems/Server/Content/QlikView-Server/QVSRM_Pu...

Are you using a certain tool or calling the API from your own written software?

antonaks
Creator II
Creator II
Author

No, I'm using cmd file with next text:

D:\.....\QMSEDX.exe -task="[UAT ANALYZER] COMPARE APP/Client 1.qvw" -password="client1"

swuehl
MVP
MVP

There might be several versions of the command line application around, have you tried looking into the available command line options? (e.g. using only -help option?)

The command line executable is most likely also supporting passing the variable, have a look at

EDX Call with Variables

antonaks
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you very much!

"D:\.....\QMSEDX.exe" -task="[UAT ANALYZER] COMPARE APP/Client 1.qvw" -password="client1" -variablename="vVarFromEDX" -variablevalues="2345"

It works.