Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

ELIMINATE NULL ROWS

Attached  please find the sample qvw, sample Excel .  What I am trying to accomplish is as per the snapshot policy number 356541 has multiple file numbers assigned to it and also there is a null value assigned to the same policy number.  In a case like this where there is even 1 File number exist for a policy number  I want to eliminate the rows for the same policy number with null values, but if Null Value is the only entry available for a policy then I want that Null value for example in this  case I would like to see the row for policy number 36547.

7 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

I am sorry, If i misunderstand over here

Load * From <Data Source> Where File <> Peek('File', -1);

Or

Load * From <Data Source> Where Previous(File) <> File;

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Not applicable
Author

So  in my sample policy number 356541 has File numbers and a null, in this case I want to eliminate the row with Null  file number

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Now your question makes confuse, Would you share expected result on wall

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anil_Babu_Samineni

You mean to say, You want to exclude all File Null values

Load * From <Data Source> Where Len(File)>0;

Not applicable
Author

Below is the expected result

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I really don't why you need this. For your question answer may be this

Load * From <Data Source> Where If(Previous(POL_POLICYNUMBER) = POL_POLICYNUMBER,Len(File)>0, POL_POLICYNUMBER)

Does that answer your question?

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Hi Rehan,

Data:

LOAD File,

POL_POLICYNUMBER

FROM

[Sample (2).xls]

(biff, embedded labels, table is Sheet1$);

Left Join

Load POL_POLICYNUMBER,