Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Education - identify, measure, track High School students to improve their work readiness

i wish to identify the knowledge gap and tell their educational/skills data story of each of my students relative to their work readiness.  once i have been able to gather all the data (structured & unstructured) ingest it into Qlik to create a digital guidance counselor in the form of  gauges and meters to guide the student to a career that matches their knowledge and/or skills.

i would need to pull in data from SIMS like from PowerSchool (grades, attendance, end-of-course grades, ACT scores, GPA, class rank, etc).  plus i would need to pull in xAPI statements from my LMS.

i am a teacher looking for a new way to use the data to motive my students....any suggestions?

mitch

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thats a fantastic idea!

I would start by groupings of skill sets and their capability ranking (perhaps based on grades?). From there, you could look at opportunities of growth in areas with the least "scores" as such. 

As always, data is key. Feel free to contact me as I would be more then willing to assist in this regard. 

Best of luck,

Pravesh

Not applicable
Author

thanks for your interest

below is the best way i can show you what is in my head.

i am not a developer. the learning curve is steep, but i want to reinvent the report card through data analytics whereby the individual must have a proven educational data story in order to level-up to the next grade. after high school be it going to work or college it would show their readiness based on their cumulative data story.

thanks again for your interest!

mitch

Albrechts
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I'm a teacher from a high school in Lucerne. How can we use Qlik Academic Program and Qlik Continuous Classroom at school? Or is it only for US schools?

Thank you,

Stefan

Stefan Albrecht
https://www.qlik.com/us/company/academic-program https://essaydune.com homework help