Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Eliminating dimensions with a sum of different field of 0

Hello, I thought I had this one but I have apparently missed something.  I have a list of all ISO listed countries (200+) that I use to convert, say NO to Norway or US to United States to make it easier for management.  The expression I used is a sum of the amount spent in a country.  Needless to say, we do not have spend in every country.  So I basically put the country name as a dimension with a statement summing the spend in the country and not showing countries where spend = 0 or null.  I THOUGHT it worked as it eliminated all countries where we had zero spend. If I click on a country to see spend in that country, that is fine.  BUT, all other countries disappear from the list (Chart Object, straight table) so 1. I cannot add a country unless I clear it all and 2. it makes it difficult when you select another criteria and the other countries have disappeared.  Any ideas?  Thanks in advance!!!

15 Replies
sgrice
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

In a calculated listbox [see very bottom on the filed list]

aggr(if(sum({1}Spend)>0,Country),Country)

Not applicable
Author

The problem is not juts getting the 0s out, but leaving the ones with values in the box to be selected later. 
Unfiltered.PNGHere it is unfiltered.  If I select one:

Filtered.PNGAll other countries are gone.  Even with a sum above zero...I am hoping to get it more like this category box:

Filtered correct.PNG

Where the top two are selected and I can ctrl-click other selections to add or remove as needed, while keeping all the countries with spend available.

Thanks again!

sgrice
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

aggr(if(sum({1}Spend)>0,only({1}Country)),Country)

Not applicable
Author

Beautiful Steven!  1000 thanks!  Makes life so much easier than reselecting each time!

sgrice
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Can you set as Correct, Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Done. Thanks again.