Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Eliminating dimensions with a sum of different field of 0

Hello, I thought I had this one but I have apparently missed something.  I have a list of all ISO listed countries (200+) that I use to convert, say NO to Norway or US to United States to make it easier for management.  The expression I used is a sum of the amount spent in a country.  Needless to say, we do not have spend in every country.  So I basically put the country name as a dimension with a statement summing the spend in the country and not showing countries where spend = 0 or null.  I THOUGHT it worked as it eliminated all countries where we had zero spend. If I click on a country to see spend in that country, that is fine.  BUT, all other countries disappear from the list (Chart Object, straight table) so 1. I cannot add a country unless I clear it all and 2. it makes it difficult when you select another criteria and the other countries have disappeared.  Any ideas?  Thanks in advance!!!

15 Replies
sgrice
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

In a calculated listbox [see very bottom on the filed list]

aggr(if(sum({1}Spend)>0,Country),Country)

Not applicable
Author

The problem is not juts getting the 0s out, but leaving the ones with values in the box to be selected later. 
Unfiltered.PNGHere it is unfiltered.  If I select one:

Filtered.PNGAll other countries are gone.  Even with a sum above zero...I am hoping to get it more like this category box:

Filtered correct.PNG

Where the top two are selected and I can ctrl-click other selections to add or remove as needed, while keeping all the countries with spend available.

Thanks again!

sgrice
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

aggr(if(sum({1}Spend)>0,only({1}Country)),Country)

Not applicable
Author

Beautiful Steven!  1000 thanks!  Makes life so much easier than reselecting each time!

sgrice
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Can you set as Correct, Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Done. Thanks again.