Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Embedded License

Hi,

What is Embedded License?  How can we create a Qlikview file with Embedded License and what are all required for creating Qlikview file with Embedded License?

Please share if anyone of you have this information.

Regards,

Jagan.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Toni Kautto wrote:

You need a specific license to allow embedding the license in the QVW files.

This license is for internal QlikTech use only, and is not available for purchase. This has been answered a number of times. Hopefully this will be the final thread...

View solution in original post

13 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I don't think that there is actually a license embedded into the qvw.

I believe Qlikview will store information about the license used to modify / create the file, and this information will be matched with your license if you want to open the file.

For example, a Personal Edition users may only open files where his license matches the license information (ok, there are recoveries, but talking in general).

Qliktech is able to use an information piece say call Personal Edition Enabled to allow PE users to open this document though they normally need to be the originator, without losing a recovery attempt. Qliktech is also able to create self execution .exe files so you don't even need a QlikView app to open. But I don't think both is available to normal licensees / users.

Licenses itself are administrated only in the clients / servers, not in qvw files.

That's at least my understanding.

Hope this helps,

Stefan

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

Hi Stefan,

I attached a Qlikview file, which can be opened by any users, even who are using Personal Edition also.  Likewise, it is possible for us to create Qlikview files like this.

Regards,

Jagan.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

This is from Rob's download site, right? I believe he asked Qliktech to PE enable it.

http://community.qlik.com/message/122955

http://community.qlik.com/message/62502

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

Creating QVWs with embedded license requires that you have a QlikView license that allows you to create such files. Please get in contact with your sales representative for more details on the license solution required and pricing.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

Yes Stefan.

Regards,

Jagan.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

Hi Toni,

I have Qlikview installed with Developer license in my machine, is it enough to create such files or else should I purchase any other licenses for this.

Regards,

Jagan.

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

Not applicable

Toni Kautto wrote:

This license is for internal QlikTech use only, and is not available for purchase. This has been answered a number of times. Hopefully this will be the final thread...

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

Hi Toni,

Could you please confim that this type of license is for internal QlikTech use only, and is not available for purchase as told by Jason Long

Regards,

Jagan.