Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Error: Cannot open HTML file

Dears,

I have an application which reads a bunch of excel files  (> 6.000, all should have the same format) in a loop. At a certain point I get the following error :

"Error: Cannot open HTML file"

My question is : i am sure that only a few of the files cuase the error but I don`t know which..so how can a trace the name of the file which could not be opened?

Here is my script code :

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

let vDataFolder = '..\..\..\ExcelData\';

Set ErrorMode=0;

if(FileSize('$(vDataFolder)*.xls')>0) then

trace "files exist";

for each vFiles in filelist('$(vDataFolder)*.xls')

Ligalisten_tmp1:

LOAD FileName() as filename, FileTime() as filetime, *

FROM [$(vFiles)](html, codepage is 1252, no labels, table is @4);

NEXT

ELSE

trace "no files exist";

END if;

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks and regards,

Hendrik

5 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Are you getting data from Share point?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
stantrolav
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

In load script make this statement before execution of loop:

ErrorMode = 0;

It'll make your loop run without stop.

Another part of code must load FileName of handeled file. Something like this:

First 1 LOAD FileName() as FileName

FROM    

(fix, codepage is 1251, no labels);

You need to make table of passed and unpassed files in your loop.

After loop turn ErrorMode ON by script:

ErrorMode = 1;

I guess you are well trained developer in scripting and my advise would help to make what you want.

Digvijay_Singh

I just tested your code and I found problem in the (html, codepage is 1252, no labels, table is @4);

Because of this, each file reading is throwing cannot open HTML file.

I suggest you create script by clicking table files button at the bottom of the script editor and generate the code from one of your target file and use that code in the script above. When I used (biff, embedded labels, table is DATA$); for my sample files it worked properly.

Also I kept one HTML file in the folder, it skipped that because we are only targetting the files with xls extension. so having html file in folder is not a problem.

Thanks,

Not applicable
Author

Hey guys,

thank you really much for your help, I was too blind to see that I already had each filename in the document log

So was able to locate the bad file.

Thanks and cheers

Digvijay_Singh

How did you solve it? just curious to know!