Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NavinReddy
Creator II
Creator II

Error on calculated dimension

Hello All,

Can someone help me on calculated dimension its not working for me,
i would like to disply 3Quarters info on dimention.
pleases check attached sample QVW for reference.

Thanks in Advance,
Niranjan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try this

Dimension

=if([Issue Creation Date]>=vLast3Quarter and [Issue Creation Date]<=vYourMaxDate,'Q' & Ceil(Month([Issue Creation Date])/3) & '-' & Year([Issue Creation Date]))

Expression

=Count(DISTINCT{<[Issue State Name]={'New and Open','ReOpened'}, Year, Month>}[Issue ID])
=Count(DISTINCT{<[Issue State Name]={Completed}, Year, Month>}[Issue ID])
=Count(DISTINCT{<[Issue State Name]={Open}, Year, Month>}[Issue ID])

View solution in original post

14 Replies
sunny_talwar

Don't see any qvw file attached.
NavinReddy
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Sorry my bad, i have added could you please check.

sunny_talwar

Try this

=if([Issue Creation Date] >= vLast3Quarter and [Issue Creation Date] <= vYourMaxDate, [Issue Creation Date])
NavinReddy
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you so much for your reply, here i have a challenge i would like to show on chart Quarter wise(Q1-2018,Q2-2018,Q3-2018) like information. Any suggestions.  

sunny_talwar

What is the name of your Quarter field?
NavinReddy
Creator II
Creator II
Author

='Q' & Ceil(Month(if([Issue Creation Date]>=vLast3Quarter and [Issue Creation Date]<=vYourMaxDate,[Issue Creation Date]))/3) & '-' & year(if([Issue Creation Date]>=vLast3Quarter and [Issue Creation Date]<=vYourMaxDate,[Issue Creation Date]))

using this expression i have created the Q2-2016 format, But here i want to restrict the 3 Quarters info every time.Please suggest.

sunny_talwar

3 Quarters info every time? What do you mean every time? Also, why don't you create a Quarter field in the script?
NavinReddy
Creator II
Creator II
Author

i have to restrict the data to show on chart 3 latest Quarters information from current Data(Q2-2018,Q3-2018 and Q4-2018).

sunny_talwar

That does make sense, what what issue are you running into? I am not sure what the problem is?