Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NavinReddy
Creator II
Creator II

Error on calculated dimension

Hello All,

Can someone help me on calculated dimension its not working for me,
i would like to disply 3Quarters info on dimention.
pleases check attached sample QVW for reference.

Thanks in Advance,
Niranjan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try this

Dimension

=if([Issue Creation Date]>=vLast3Quarter and [Issue Creation Date]<=vYourMaxDate,'Q' & Ceil(Month([Issue Creation Date])/3) & '-' & Year([Issue Creation Date]))

Expression

=Count(DISTINCT{<[Issue State Name]={'New and Open','ReOpened'}, Year, Month>}[Issue ID])
=Count(DISTINCT{<[Issue State Name]={Completed}, Year, Month>}[Issue ID])
=Count(DISTINCT{<[Issue State Name]={Open}, Year, Month>}[Issue ID])

View solution in original post

14 Replies
sunny_talwar

Don't see any qvw file attached.
NavinReddy
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Sorry my bad, i have added could you please check.

sunny_talwar

Try this

=if([Issue Creation Date] >= vLast3Quarter and [Issue Creation Date] <= vYourMaxDate, [Issue Creation Date])
NavinReddy
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you so much for your reply, here i have a challenge i would like to show on chart Quarter wise(Q1-2018,Q2-2018,Q3-2018) like information. Any suggestions.  

sunny_talwar

What is the name of your Quarter field?
NavinReddy
Creator II
Creator II
Author

='Q' & Ceil(Month(if([Issue Creation Date]>=vLast3Quarter and [Issue Creation Date]<=vYourMaxDate,[Issue Creation Date]))/3) & '-' & year(if([Issue Creation Date]>=vLast3Quarter and [Issue Creation Date]<=vYourMaxDate,[Issue Creation Date]))

using this expression i have created the Q2-2016 format, But here i want to restrict the 3 Quarters info every time.Please suggest.

sunny_talwar

3 Quarters info every time? What do you mean every time? Also, why don't you create a Quarter field in the script?
NavinReddy
Creator II
Creator II
Author

i have to restrict the data to show on chart 3 latest Quarters information from current Data(Q2-2018,Q3-2018 and Q4-2018).

sunny_talwar

That does make sense, what what issue are you running into? I am not sure what the problem is?