Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danelle
Contributor II
Contributor II

Error with count if for 2 conditions

Good day,

New to Qlik and mostly self taught, so all of the fancy things still escape me.  

I'm having difficulty with a Count if multiple conditions met expression.  Basically, I want the formula to calculate when an ICCID (SERIAL_NO) has both Ported (PORT_ICCID is not blank) and Connected (CONNECTION_ICCID is not blank).  The Expression (one of many that finally worked) that I came up with is:

If(((Count(DISTINCT([PORT_ICCID]))) =1 and Count(DISTINCT([CONNECTION_ICCID])) =1), COUNT(DISTINCT([SERIAL_NO])))

And, even though this expression populates within the expanded table... it is not totaling in the sub totals.

clipboard_image_0.png

If you could please help me figure out where I went wrong

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try this

Count(DISTINCT {<[SERIAL_NO] = {"=Count(DISTINCT [PORT_ICCID]) = 1 and Count(DISTINCT [CONNECTION_ICCID]) = 1"}>} [SERIAL_NO])

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Frank_Hartmann
Master II
Master II

maybe this:

sum(If(((Count(DISTINCT([PORT_ICCID]))) =1 and Count(DISTINCT([CONNECTION_ICCID])) =1), COUNT(DISTINCT([SERIAL_NO]))))

Danelle
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hey Frank, thanks, but is is not working

Frank_Hartmann
Master II
Master II

and this?

sum(If(((Count(DISTINCT([PORT_ICCID]))) =1 and Count(DISTINCT([CONNECTION_ICCID])) =1), COUNT(DISTINCT([SERIAL_NO])),0))

sunny_talwar

Try this

Count(DISTINCT {<[SERIAL_NO] = {"=Count(DISTINCT [PORT_ICCID]) = 1 and Count(DISTINCT [CONNECTION_ICCID]) = 1"}>} [SERIAL_NO])

asinha1991
Creator III
Creator III

assuming that you want to check PORT_ICCID and CONNECTION_ICCID for each row, and add a indicator 1 or 0 to indicate that in port and then have subtotal showing all such port

count(if(PORT_ICCID=1 and CONNECTION_ICCID=1, 1))

if not I want to understand how are the relationship between field for ex:one to many

Danelle
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Sunny, that worked brilliantly.

You've made my day, half of the brownie points I'm scoring with the boss belong to you!

Have a great day!