Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bronsonelliott
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Essbase Connector help - how to return level 0 members in a single field

I finally have the Essbase connector working and I'm able to retrieve data, however, I am not an MDX expert and I'm looking for some guidance on how to change the query so it returns the base members (level 0) of a certain member into a single field.  I hope this makes sense.

If you refer to the image below, I want to fix on the member named "Parent 1" (highlighted in red) and from there I only want to return the bottom level members of that member (highlighted in yellow). 

2014-11-14_15-05-34.jpg

I've tried using the following

Descendants ([Group].[Parent 1], 3, Leaves)

but because it's a jagged hierarchy, when the data is returned in QlikView it has the following structure

Group.Levels(1), Group Levels(2), etc, etc

and the bottom level members are in different Group.Level(n) fields.  I'm trying to get all of the level 0 members in one single field.

Gosh I hope this makes sense. 🙂

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have exact same issue.  Is it possible to create a table without all the levels?  Basically create a table of data at the lowest level member from all the dimensions.

If that's not possible, could you create a table that would copy over the last childs name into the final level so you dont have any blank members?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would love to know is there is a better way to do this.

I have a Resident load with a nested If statement to pick off the level 0 records

if(isnull([Product.Levels(5).MEMBER_NAME]),if(isnull([Product.Levels(4).MEMBER_NAME]),[Product.Levels(3).MEMBER_NAME],[Product.Levels(4).MEMBER_NAME]),[Product.Levels(5).MEMBER_NAME]) as Product

Note I am using MEMEBER_NAME but it works with the member directly as well